Forums

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Cuthwulf 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Cuthwulf
    Participant

Upon request, I am making this post to provide a method for increasing frame performance in-game.

As things are currently, the game loads a thousand (1,000) frames ahead as you play. This can be changed by editing a file in your Documents\DayZ folder.

Following steps should provide sufficient information to fix your issue (all of this is done on Windows 7):
    1) Open up “Documents”, which is located in “C:\Users\NAME\Documents”
    2) Locate the folder called “DayZ”, which should bring you to the path called “C:\Users\NAME\Documents\DayZ”
    3) There is a file in the folder called “DayZ.cfg”. Be positive that it is, indeed, a .cfg file
    4) Right-click the file and press “Open with…”, followed by opening it with Notepad or a similar program you are comfortable and familiar with, though I do recommend using Notepad in this case
    5) Once it is open, you want to look for line 18, where it says; “GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;”
    6) Change the numerical value from 1000 to 1 (Make sure not to change anything else!!!)
    7) After changing the number, go to “Files” in the top of the Notepad window, and press “Save”
    8) You have now changed and saved the value causing you trouble – but wait, there is more!
    9) Now you want to close down the Notepad window, and return to look at the “DayZ.cfg” file you just changed
    10) Right-click the file again, and go for “Properties”
    11) As you scan the Properties window, you should find “Read-Only”, which you want to check (the box must show a ✓)
    12) Press “Apply” followed by “OK” and you are done! Enjoy playing DayZ at a considerable higher FPS

Any questions or feeling a bit insecure about trying this out on your own? Contact me on the TeamSpeak (Vadim Daskalov), post here, or message me by other means.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.