DayZ Elysium launches “Project Sparkler”
For a series of overly-ambitious genre-defining prototype-events, we are looking for community actors and event supporters!
In the last weeks a colleague and I have been working on the long term goal to create professional roleplaying-events. Our plan is to present interactive live adventures, featuring professional artists and talented community actors. We strive to provide the ultimate immersive gaming experience with unrivaled freedom of action in an interactive and dynamic storyline. Does that sound like something you’d be interested in?
Part of our ongoing effort is to get into a working relationship with the DayZ Devs at Bohemia to discuss options for servers and supporting admin tools. Despite our best efforts we haven’t received a satisfying response yet.
That’s why we decided to launch “Project Sparkler” in an attempt to bring some attention to the idea of running professional roleplaying events. We want to go ahead and start experimenting under the restricted admin options we currently face and to further deepen our understanding on how to run this kind of events in online games.
What is Project Sparkler?
To kick things off we are planning to stage a set of prototype events which will be performed in mid June. These sessions will feature a dynamic storyline, memorable characters (played by professional as well as community-actors) and exciting challenges for a limited number of players. These guests will get a personal invitation to take part in one of our performances. Rehearsals will take part in May. We are currently planning on holding the rehearsals and performances in the evening on the weekend (Fr-Sun).
What is the difference between Project Sparkler and the former Elysium Events?
- Stronger emphasis on story, player choice and especially dialogue.
- Low number of players depending on the number of actors (maybe only one or two for the first event).
Player slots are invitation only.
- Clear differentiation between PC and NPC (actor). NPCs are director driven and won’t spin out of control.
- All scenes will be rehearsed beforehand.
We want to give all Elysium members the privilege to be the first to join us. I very much hope a lot of regular Elysium players will support our ongoing efforts. We need talented actors and good roleplayers as community actors.
We need people who will help us in setting up the events (scouting locations, setting up characters, loot/find specific items for the equipment of the actor’s character). We need people who help us in the technical aspects of setting up the event (recording / streaming and helping others to do so). And, of course, we need people to spread the word.
- Enthusiasm-for and experience-in roleplaying, rp-events and acting
- Significant experience in playing DayZ Standalone
- Availability at our rehearsals (May) and performances (June)
- Readiness for open communication, as well as giving and receiving constructive criticism
If you are interested, please send us a quick email to email@example.com containing:
- your name and username (on DayZ Elysium)
- some words on what you’d like to do (event support/acting/setup/record/stream)
- a few quick sentences about your experience in the given field
and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to hear from you…
Simon alias Kassander
and Christian aka ChaosK
from DayZ Elysium