Forums

This topic contains 47 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Valentino 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

mrstrawberry1
    Participant

Furthermore, Danny, I could also say that your RP was bad. You both turned your back on me. I was already aiming at you for a couple of seconds, so I could have shot you on the spot. I was waiting for you to turn back in order to surprise you. You turned back to me, saw me pointing the gun right at your face from a distance where I would have never missed the shot. Then you pulled your gun. Who would do that in such a situation? And even then I didn’t shoot you. I waited until you took aim at me and then pulled the trigger.

I thought we could save the RP by continuing as planed on Krueger, who should have been intimidated by then. I could have killed him right away, but I didn’t. Unfortunately, he didn’t hear where the shot came from and so he couldn’t tell what was happening. As he ran to the pub, we assumed he was trying get an overview to shoot himself out of the situation. That’s where somebody else killed him.

mtxnl
    Participant

Kreuger you cant leave man! (You can ofc, but you know what I mean)

We need people like you and Dan with strong/good RP to show us noobs how it is done! One bad (or a couple) incident(s) can’t ruin your experience on this server! This server is so new and people are all still learning, we need patience from you experience guys!

Give us (the community) another chance man!

As for the whole incident I wasn’t there, so I won’t judge. I just know I had a blast in the last event even though I died and started out with horrific RP (Rodger here)!

We all need to grow and gain more experience! Give it time! And if people don’t learn of their mistakes, well its very easy: GOODBYE

Statsmakten
    Participant

We need zero tolerance against meta gaming and abuse of rules, with real punishments carried out. It is obvious that rules have to be rewritten to be extremely clear for everyone (not only about meta, the mask rule too). After that let’s issue 1 week bans as warnings as well as permanent bans.

Kreuger I hope you will reconsider, we all value your ambitions and involvement on the server. The RP events are some of the best experiences I’ve had in the game and they will only get better I’m sure!

SuperDan
    Participant

Straw

Watch the vid again…

i pulled my wpn out when you had yours aimed at the back of krugers head, which he had no idea about. i had more than enough time to blow you away if i was on a non RP server. But i was willing to give RP a chance and didnt do anything. thats not bad RP. telling me to lower my wpn after youve killed me tho…

all i can say is thanks for ruining the rp experiance through meta gaming. nice one. you did well.

ill remember next time

SuperDan
    Participant

@statsmakten agreed

JohnLocke
    Participant

@mxtnl
    this

I just wanted to add one more thing:

Everyone who met us at the pub knows that we really try to RP and contribute to the server’s goal.

What happened yesterday was 1.not nearly as planned 2.indeed meta gaming (learned this vocab today) and 3. “Mostly” our fault

I can assure you that even if we are relatively new to Role playing we’re and will be trying our best, as we really like Elysium and the community.

as mxtnl said. its a pretty young server and we’re all trying to learn and improve.

@krueger
    stay here man. we can RP that out. We didn’t plan to kill you or danny and ofc didn’t we want to intuitive break the rules.

SuperDan
    Participant

too late he already blacklisted himself

meta gaming 1 RP 0

Sanguin
    Participant

I agree with statsmakten, too.

In my opinion such heavy meta gaming have to be punished in future, because I mean, that is nothing that can be traited as Role Play or Character Immersion. Also some People just dont get it.
    Everything that is spoken in ts(ooc) or shown in twitch is nothing that your character can know or handle so.
    Why you couldnt just stay and let it go straw?
    Thats just another example that people have to be filtered out of the server.
    Like 1 Strike, for first rule break, 2Strike -1 Week Ban, 3 Strike- excluding from the server.
    We all can discuss guys but this not giving up and staying on their opinion is just sad.

I really hope Krueger will reconsider and stay. I really respect him and his plans for events, his sight on the real sense of this server, Justice and siriousity.

mrstrawberry1
    Participant

We had an RP plan but it went sideways. It was an unfortunate chain of events and we will work on it.

entspeak
    Participant

The fact that you had an RP plan is irrelevant. The plan was based on metagaming and you used Keueger’s video against him without his knowledge. I understand that you can’t un-see what you saw. What should have happened is that you should’ve contacted Krueger OOC and let him know that you saw the video and figured out a way to RP it out with him.

Having video of RP is a tricky situation and, as someone who is trying to record my own gameplay, I’m trying to consider the metagaming aspects of it.

Streamers and YouTubers have to accept that people on the server are going to watch their videos – hell, it’s what we want people to do with our videos. They also have to accept that this may involve negotiating some RP situations out of character.

On the other side, there will be instances where that negotiation will result in the person who saw the video having to accept that their character can’t know what has happened. (For example, if a character robbed the pub while you were away and you saw it on video… you’re going to have to accept the fact that you didn’t see it.) But, in this situation, you could’ve contacted him and told him that you saw his plan and talk about how to RP his plan out. It would’ve been more fun for everyone involved.

JohnLocke
    Participant

@entspeak
    this

that’s what I ment in the beginning. We cant unsee it. We couldn’t trust Krueger and Danny like before. Even if the charcter does. We play the character… I understand also that this was the actual breaking of rules.

Thats why we wanted to build an RP story around it. That Jack saw them coming back through the window and ran away. Thats what we wanted to tell them both as we tried to hold them up.

entspeak
    Participant

But you should’ve included Krueger in that process rather than using that knowledge against him. That breaks the trust of the person who is making themselves vulnerable by providing videos of their gameplay for people’s enjoyment. It’s not unlike stream sniping… you used his video against him in the game.

JohnLocke
    Participant

Thats true we should have told him…

Although he also should have been considering that we see the video if he puts it in his channel with all the other elysium videos. its not like we secretly found out

entspeak
    Participant

Stop trying to shift the blame. It’s all on you. You should’ve contacted him. He doesn’t know who has seen his videos. Again, providing that entertainment makes him vulnerable and you took advantage of that.

JohnLocke
    Participant

I aint shifting blame. I clearly accepted and stated what our mistake was.

I am just trying to add another perspective for future playing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.